Pinterest

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy Ninth Day of the Year!


There is a ton of snow on the ground and I am in full hibernation mode. Thank goodness for those pesky things called work and school, otherwise, I know I'd be in bed right now and for a while to come. As it is, I am waiting for the kettle to boil and the boy to accept that it is, indeed, morning. It's a tough one to accept in the dead of winter, when it feel like night. I haven't made any goals or plans this year. seems to me the dead of winter is not a time when I feel inspired to make changes. I just want to hole up in my living room and keep warm. Alas, it is not to be. I must get on with it and go be cheerful at work. I wish I could bring my blankey with me, but they might not appreciate that too much! If I were to make changes, they would be financial. I am steadily working on paying down consumer debt and I know, with each payment I am closer to freedom. I charge things next to never and when i do, for online purchases only, I pay it immediately. I am considering furthering my education, but I also want to own a bigger home. I don't think the two will be possible in the same few years, so I have a decision to make. Why can't I be independently wealthy? You hear of those celebrities who use their wealth to get university degrees? That would be me. Lots of people would go on fancy vacations and buy lots of cars, I would get educated. Next month will be three years since I quit smoking! My life has vastly improved since I made that decision, so if you are on the fence and that Jan 1 deadline has past, please, don't smoke for another year. Go through withdrawal in the ugly months and by summer, you will be free!

No comments: