Pinterest

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Happy Trails!

Strawberry in my Aunt's garden
Grandma after her dip in the Shuswap August 2012. I sure hope I look as good in a bathing suit at her age!
We heard a bear going down this trail and saw his leavings!
We had a little adventure this long weekend in the Shuswap.
My aunt and Grandma along with my little cousin came from the North to visit my aunt at her cabin. We brought our tent and stayed two fun nights. The lake was absolutely to die for. On the second night we all went for a night swim just before bed. That was wise thinking because temperatures were in the high thirties. We also had a water gun fight and numerous trips to the beach due to the heat. Suppers were potluck affair with everyone contributing whatever they had. We had some nice salads, wraps and beans.


 My aunties and I were in charge of about 12 lbs. of moose meat which we formed into meat loaves and meat balls (mooseballs, hee) and patties. We had more food than we needed but I'm sure it all got divvied up. My other Aunty drove in from Kamloops for the afternoon and we all had a game of string golf. Sunday we all had a game of bocci which was good fun, before a last trip to the beach for a picnic and an ice cream cone for the road.



What a fun time with my three aunts and my Grandma.
Million dollar view.


No comments: