Pinterest

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sewing madness

 The other day I pulled out the old sewing machine with that trusty zig zag stitch. In truth, that's practically the only stitch that works properly. If you only have one stitch to work with, zig zag is where it's at! I salvaged a pair of jeans with a hole in the knee. This is an all too common occurrence with boys, as they are always on their knees in the dirt!. They also, ALWAYS have rocks in their pockets, which is a good reason to check your machine when you hear that familiar thumpety-thump sound during the wash cycle.
I am hoping to make myself a pair of shorts as well, but of course I haven't gotten around to it yet. I also made two matching pillow cases, from thrifted Fairly oddparents fabric and an old top sheet for the back and took in a XXL top which I snatched off the clearance rack at Walmart. I figured three bucks was worth the two seams up the sides. So, it was a great sewing day, done all in a rush of an inspired, obsessive, caffeineated state of mind. I then found another stash in my closet of thrifted fabric...maybe I'll get a skirt? Who knows?

No comments: