Pinterest

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Luxury!

There is a place for frugality and a place for the extras in life! I had my very first professional mani-pedi yesterday, thanks to a Groupon deal. It was a pretty sweet experience! Though not an expense I could justify regularly, for a once in a while treat, I definitely can see myself repeating the experience. The massage pedi chairs in the salon were an added delight while I soaked and had a chocolate cookie, I felt like a pampered lady who lunches. I have been pretty spoiled lately, I was also a winner of steak and lobster for two recently and we certainly enjoyed that little extra! All of this royal treatment is making it pretty difficult to get my laundry and dishes done, though and so, instead of doing that I am writing a post and trying to conjure up my magic wand that will somehow make the laundry pile disappear. So far, no luck. I recently scored at Value Village too, so all this pampering hasn't changed me all that much, I guess. I found a yogurt maker that makes a liter of yogurt overnight. All I have to do is plug it in, no heating or incubating, such a bonus. I just poured in the milk and starter and left it overnight. It made excellent yogurt! I also found a paper making kit, which is something I have had in the mental file for some time. I still would like to find more screens or find a way to make them so that I can make more than one sheet of paper at a time. I was thinking dried lavender would be lovely in home made paper, so I can't wait to try it. I pulled out my Jillian Micheals yoga DVD the other day and while it was not an easy work out, I think I can handle it if I close my drapes so no one can see how silly I look while I do yoga in my underwear. There are not enough hours in the day lately and I was feeling like a hamster in a wheel. The spa treatment could not have come at a better time. I was wishing my mom could have been there in the chair next to me. Nobody works harder than she does.

Well, I guess the moral of this post is: Take care of yourselves, ladies.

If you don't, who will?

No comments: