Pinterest

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January wind up.

Do you ever sell things online? I know I like to buy things online, so I thought I would give it a shot selling things. Sometimes I sell the things I bought but didn't need. It all started long ago with a slipcover for my recliner. I paid about $40 for it, used it once and then it sat in the closet for like a year because I didn't know what to do with it. Finally, I put it on Craigslist and it sold the very next day for half of what I originally paid. Not bad! So, now, I am trying a few things around the house: new shoes that were worn once or twice, costume jewellery, and, uh, vintage 50's lingerie. Well, one woman's junk is another woman's treasure, as they say. I think of it as holding a virtual garage sale. Since I have no where to do that, this is my solution. I have started the New Year trying to find little ways of bringing in extra cash and this is one of them. Sure, it's peanuts, but if I save the peanuts, then I have enough for peanut butter. I'm also collectiong coupons again, we'll see. Coupons can end up costing me money if I am not very careful. I have a goal for all my meagre earnings, they are going into my vacation fund. I robbed the jar a couple of times last year when I was desperate, but I am vowing not to do it anymore because I really want to go somewhere next year! We also have a goal of buying a new couch and we are very close to having enough saved. It feels so much better paying for things when you have the money than putting them on credit. I don't want to pay for my couch or vacation twice or three times over. Been there, done that. Work has been picking up lately as well, which I hope will help me grow a debt snowball this year. So, I'm off to a good start and I think I will keep up the good work.

No comments: