Pinterest

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Peanut butter granola


I googled this recipe after I made it and it was similar. I didn't really measure my stuff, I just used what was on hand and it turned out really good. The only problem with it is that I can't stop munching it.


About a quarter cup of butter.

1/2 cup sugar (I used pancake syrup) honey would work too but I was out.

about a half cup of peanut butter.

as much oats as to make a moistened but clumpy texture. I guess I used about five to six cups.

I also had some peanuts, so I chopped them up finely to make about a half cup.


Melt the sugar butter and peanut butter in the microwave. Toss with oat and nut mixture until moistened. Spread out onto oiled cookie sheet.


I cooked this in an oven which had been heated up to 350 then turned off. Basically I was through cooking supper and used the residual heat to make the granola. I set the timer to turn it every ten minutes. Then I forgot about it and went to bed. Good thing I remembered to turn the oven off. I also greased the cookie sheet. I don't imagine for one second that this is lo-cal granola, but it is the first time I have done granola in the oven without it burning. It toasted up nicely but not as hard as the stuff you buy in the store, which is just fine by me.


I was glad to make some frugal granola, because I had to atone for my spendiness (I know, I know, not a word) this weekend.

It was totally worth every dollar.

4 comments:

friday said...

i can't believe you posted that pic of yourself, you look fuckn hilarious san!

Bean said...

Thanks, Yeah, I thought so too :D

Alea Milham said...

This looks much easier and less expensive than my granola recipe. I am going to give it a try, as I just haven't had the energy to cook as many things from scratch as I would like and buying convenience food adds up fast!

Bean said...

I am continually amazed at how much they charge for commercial granola! For crying out loud, it's toasted oats, not gold.