Pinterest

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bodacious Berry Cake


I made a blueberry bundt cake at work and I had to leave it cool at the end of the shift. I thought, "No fair! I want cake at home too," so here it is. My son was the one who told me to blog about this cake, in between mouthfulls. This photo was snapped quickly at dessert, so you won't mind the bite taken out, now will you?
I modified the recipe that I made at work, it was a blueberry bundt cake which I snagged out of their cook book. This is a mixed berry cake made in a 9 by 13 rectangular pan. I also used orange juice and zest, so I can claim the recipe as my own. I suppose any berry or soft fruit will do. Rhubarb would be amazing...
Bodacious Berry Cake
21/4 c flour
1tsp powder
1tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
zest of citrus fruit (orange)
1 cup walnuts, optional
2 lg eggs
1 cup milk with 2 tbsp citrus juice (orange) or buttermilk
3/4 c soft butter
1 c sugar, brown or white
2 c berries
Sift together flour mixture. Cream sugar, butter, eggs and milk mixture. Beat wet ingredients into dry, adding a bit of water if needed, fifty strokes. Fold in berries. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. I topped this with an orange glaze. Lemon would work well here, too.
Enjoy your berries this season!

1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love this recipe. I found you (your blog) by chance but love it here. I'll be back as often as I can to see what's been going on. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary