Pinterest

Friday, January 8, 2010

Take 5



It's time I got my priorities straight. I have so many creative ideas that flood my brain and I never seem to get to them. So now, I am making a list of the things I enjoy that I would like to pursue or revisit.


Guitar
I am a beginner, I love to play but I don't make enough concerted effort. Discipline is key.
Drawing, I find it so relaxing and all I need is a pencil! Why am I not doing more of it?


Sewing
I adore the idea of upcycling and wardrobe refashion. If only my lack of designated sewing space didn't make me tear my hair out. Here is my last serious project; the matching vests my husband and son wore for our DIY, camp-away weekend wedding.
Don't we look deliriously happy here? That's because we all jumped in the lake five minutes after this photo was taken. Seriously in the next series of photos we were in our bathing suits. No stuffy reception hall for us!


Knitting,
I would love to develop this skill, not only is it frugal and practical but a true art. So far, all I have managed to make is a couple of little funny things, but hey, a start is a start.
Writing.
This is huge. Writing has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. I do a smidgen here and truthfully, one of the reasons I started this blog was to keep my writing muscle from complete and utter atrophy. It's really not the quality and quantity of prose that I would like from myself, but I won't knock it. I will take writing something over writing nothing any day of the week. This type of short and to the point communication suits my present sensibilities quite nicely.
So, that's it.
I'm taking five.