Pinterest

Friday, October 2, 2009

Cookies and Cocoa


The weather has cooled off considerably around here and we have officially packed away all of the short sleeved shirts and unpacked the sweaters. With everyone out and about in school and at work we have already had the first round of cold and sniffles go through our house. That's when I decided to break out the chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate, using my home made chocolate syrup. This cookie recipe, that a co worker found on the Internet, apparently has an urban legend behind it, of which I had no prior knowledge. All I know is these cookies are darn good. They have a crispy outer edge with a soft chewy inside and when warm, the chocolate and coffee flavour remind me of a gourmet coffee shop cookie. I would gladly pay a dollar each for a cookie this good, although probably not $250 like the urban legend claims.
Neiman Marcus $250 Cookie Recipe
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 tbsp white sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 c flour
1/2 tsp bking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
1 1/2 c semi sweet chocolate chips
Notes: We added mini marshmallows at work (just because we could, heh heh) and they were fantastic. At home, I added walnuts because that is what I had on hand. Next time, I will add something like pecans or chopped almonds. I also substituted drip coffee and it was still good, though the espresso powder did have better flavour. I wanted to see if I could make them with more frugal ingredients at home and the cookie tin was still emptied in record time.
Enjoy your cool weather delights!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

those cookies look awesome!

Bean said...

Thank you, you must try them, they are delish!