Pinterest

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day



I worked today but lucky for me, my clients spent most of the afternoon celebrating Canada Day in the park and me with them! Not bad for time and a half pay! I also got a free piece of cake and supper at work. The boys are still on vacay, so I have been luxuriating in not having to cook. My freezer and pantry are well stocked and all I had to do was BBQ some steaks that had been mistakenly thawed out before they left. The rest has been so simple. I won't say that I love the single life, (I am actually beginning to miss them, the rapscallions!) but sleeping in and not having to make dinner has been great! It really makes me appreciate the wonderful family that I have and also the beautiful country that I live in. I am so fortunate to live in Canada. I wouldn't trade it for the world!


I know I post a lot of beach photos and I'm sure it looks very sunny and warm all the time. Here in the Okanagan it is warm, even hot, especially in the spring and summer. Just for fun though, here is a photo of the lake where we got married two years ago (July 28). When I first settled on this beautiful location and went to scout it out, in February 2007, this is how it looked. It is, after all, Canada! The true North strong and free!

No comments: